The most practically applied approach to political ideologies: evaluate critically, make links, think globally
Levertijd: 4 tot 6 werkdagen
Political Ideologies provides a broad-ranging introduction to both the classical and contemporary political ideologies. Adopting a global outlook, it introduces readers to ideologies' increasingly global reach and the different national versions of these ideologies. Importantly, ideologies are presented as frameworks of interpretation and political commitment, encouraging readers to evaluate how ideologies work in practice, the problematic links between
ideas and political action, and the impact of ideologies.
Regular learning features encourage readers to think critically about ideologies, and view them as competing and contestable ways of interpreting the world. A unique 'stop and think' feature calls for readers to reflect on their own ideological beliefs.
Political Ideologies is accompanied by comprehensive online resources, to support political ideology courses.
· Further reading and resources for each chapter to help students to undertake further research and deepen their understanding and critical thinking;
· Regular updates help students to keep up to date with ideologies as frameworks of understanding and political action in the real world.
· Indicative answers to questions in the book provide a framework for approaching these;
· Powerpoint slides to support each chapter, providing an overview and key points to help with planning;
· Further discussion and debate ideas, for use in seminars, encourage big picture thinking about the relationships between ideologies.